Character: Elizabeth Solley
Directed by: John Carpenter
Written by: John Carpenter, Debra Hill
Produced by: Debra Hill
Cast Members: Adrienne Barbeau, Janet Leigh, John Houseman, Tom Atkins, James Canning
Released date: February 1, 1980
Genre: Horror, Thriller
Against the backdrop of spine-chilling stories of drowned mariners and a 100-year-old shipwreck lying on the bottom of the sea, the peaceful community of the coastal town of Antonio Bay, California is making preparations to celebrate its centennial. However--as strange supernatural occurrences blemish the festivities--an impenetrable opaque mist starts to shroud the seaside village, leading to unaccountable disappearances and the spilling of warm bright-red blood. One long century ago, a hideous crime was committed by the town's elders. Now, the restless dead have returned for revenge, demanding justice. Is there something evil lurking in the fog?
• John Carpenter’s tale of vengeance beyond the grave…
• 100 years ago, it moved across a small town creating a terror no human being should ever live to see again! Now, it has returned.
• What you can’t see won’t hurt you… it’ll kill you!
• Lock your doors. Bolt your windows. There’s something in The Fog!
• When the fog rolls in… the terror begins!
• It is night. It is cold. It is coming.
• John Carpenter, who startled the world with “Halloween”, now brings you the ultimate experience in terror.
→ Actresses Janet Leigh and Jamie Lee Curtis are real-life mother and daughter.
→ Adrienne Barbeau and Jamie Lee Curtis, the leads, do not appear together in any scenes.