Directed by: Richard Franklin
Written by: Everett De Roche
Produced by: Richard Franklin
Cast Members: Stacy Keach, Marion Edward, Grant Page, Thaddeus Smith, Stephen Millichamp
Released date: February 27, 1981
Genre: Horror, Mystery, Thriller
A laid-back American truck driver in south Australia starts to suspect a man driving a green van of killing young women along his route, and proceeds to play a cat-and-mouse game in order to catch him red-handed.
• The truck driver plays games… The hitchhiker plays games. And the killer is playing the deadliest game of all!
• One game kills time – The other kills people!
• Animal . . . . . . Vegetable . . .?
• A new thriller from the director of Patrick.
• Animal . . . . . . Vegetable . . . or MURDER?
• On a 1600 mile stretch of desert highway someone is playing a deadly game of sex, violence and sudden death!
• Hitch-hiking is her game but this time it could be the end of the road.
• A state of suspense.
• On the world’s loneliest highway it’s not a game – it’s murder!
→ Jamie Lee Curtis said she felt a certain amount of hostility and prejudice while on set, being one of the two “token Americans”. One of the crew members even approached her and asked, “What is it like putting Australians out of work?”