Directed by: James Bridges
Written by: James Bridges
Produced by: James Bridges
Cast Members: John Travolta, Anne De Salvo, Marilu Henner, Laraine Newman, Matthew Reed, Jann Wenner
Released date: June 7, 1985
Genre: Drama, Romance
A female aerobics instructor meets a male reporter doing a story on health clubs, but it isn't love at first sight.
• John Travolta and Jamie Lee Curtis work up a sweat together!
• Health Clubs – More Sex Than Sweat?
• Where love is a dance and beauty is everything.
• Hot Bodies. High Energy. Cool Music.
• Reporter Adam Lawrence ignites two hot stories. One leads to love. The other could lead to jail.
• The perfection of the body and the senses mean RHYTHM! JOHN TRAVOLTA and JAMIE LEE CURTIS in a one-hundred-thousand-volt Dance Ecstasy!
→ Jamie Lee Curtis trained for several months before shooting began. All the scenes that show her leading classes were filmed first, with the narrative and dramatic sequences shot next. The last sequence filmed was the closing credits workout. It is noticeable that Curtis had lost 10 pounds of muscle since the workout scenes had been filmed. She also filmed a music video with Jermaine Jackson to promote the movie.
♦ What’s wrong with wanting to be the best you can be? What’s wrong with wanting to be perfect? What’s wrong with wanting to be loved?